Roasted Pumpkin Soup

No comments

If there is one thing that really fazes me in the kitchen, it's soups. I just can't get my head around them. My mum finds it weird, my friends find it weird. Well it's true, I just cant make soups. But when I do make one I like, I kind of stick to it, so I know it's a dependable one. Something I can keep making without getting all flustered over it.

This here is my dependable pumpkin soup. I like it cold, but then I'm a fan of cold soups especially when it's so hot outside like it is here in October. If you're having fall weather where you are, this soup is good warmed up too.





Serving size: 2

Ingredients

250g pumpkin cubed
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tbsp coconut or any other oil of your choice
2 onions chopped
4 garlic cloves chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
3 cups stock
2 tbsp refined oil
2 tbsp grated coconut
3-4 curry leaves
Salt & pepper to taste

Sprinkle pumpkins with curry leaves, coconut oil and salt and roast over high heat in oven for 1 hour.
Saute onions and garlic in 1 tbsp oil on stove.
Add coriander and chilli powder and keep stirring.
Add pumpkin to the mix and cover with stock and simmer on stove covered, stirring occasionally for ten minutes.
Remove from heat. Let cool a bit
Blend mixture to a smooth puree. Season as required.

To garnish, fry grated coconut and curry leaves till coconut turns brown and crunchy.
Alternately you can also garnish with toasted sunflower seeds, croutons, anything crunchy.
You could also use basil, sage any other leaf instead of curry leaf.
I'm from Kerala. My soul sings 'Coocoooonuuuuuuttt & Cuuurrryyyyy Leeaaaavvveess'. Hence.

No comments :

Post a Comment