Sausages & Apples in Red Wine

No comments


I've liked the Facebook page of the Bon Appetit Magazine and so read up on quite a lot of the stuff they put up there. Considering the number of recipes I put up from there it shouldn't be a surprise actually. This one sounded nice and a little weird which makes it totally up my alley I think. It involved Italian Sausages, some kind of apples which we don't get in India and Watercress (I'm sure I've never had that and if I have wouldn't recognize it if someone gave it to me again.) I played around and made it my own... Buhahahaha! Does that surprise anyone?


I got local Green Chilly Chicken Sausages, regular apples annnnd the spinach(cheera) we eat in Kerala. Over here in Bombay, folks call it either Rajgira or Chawli leaves.


Serves one hungry person.

Ingredients

1 apple halved and stems removed\

4 chicken sausages
1/2 cup red/white wine
2 tbsp. white vinegar
handful spinach
sea salt to taste

Heat non stick skillet over medium heat.
Cook apple cut side down for 5 mins. Try not to scorch. It will slowly become soft.
Prick sausages with a fork on all sides and add to pan with apples. Cook for 8-10 mins till its cooked all the way through and brown on all sides
Add wine and vinegar and cook through till its thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Toss spinach till slightly wilted and coated in sauce.
Season with sea salt.

Enjoy. Cooked Apples with wine and sea salt really have a different flavor which I quite enjoyed.

No comments :

Post a Comment