Red & Yellow Peppers Nacho Salad

No comments

Didn't I have you at nachos. Didn't I? And aren't you feeling a bit bad that I don't really have nachos in this pic? Fear not. It's because nachos didn't really strike me at all! Not till dinner time and I just felt an extra crunch missing.

This salad is almost the same as a Pico de Gallo except I added peppers cos I was in the mood for them and I had a both red and yellow peppers at home. It's always been a little exotic, these peppers. We never had them when we were kids. And to me for the longest time, I really didn't think there was any difference. But slowly I can differentiate them in taste, though even now I'm really not that confident of a blind taste test.



I've promised myself I''ll move around more and eat healthier this year. Perhaps the first of many such years. So I get my cook to chop up some veggies or cook healthy but tasty stuff for lunch and dinner. This one seemed the easiest to start the year with,

Ingredients

1 red pepper diced small
1 yellow pepper diced small
1 onion diced small
1 tomato diced small
handful coriander chopped
Juice of one lime
Salt & pepper
4 nachos
Tada!

Toss all ingredients together except nachos. Give time for the ingredients to rest. Brings out the flavours more.
When its time to serve, crumble nachos and sprinkle on top.
Eat!


No comments :

Post a Comment