Sesame + Spinach Noodles (Wagamama)

No comments

For someone beyond a certain age, I sure order in a lot. That is despite having a cook who comes in daily and would make anything I'd ask her to. One problem I have is, I don't like warming up food. I'd rather have it fresh than from the fridge. Of course, there are exceptions. But most days it's either the local Chinese or Punjabi food which makes it to my dinner plate.

Then I realised. The one thing I order the most is something called Teppanyaki Noodles from Wok Hei. I have an unreasonable amount of these noodles. So I thought maybe I should try making it at home just to make myself feel healthier. Off I went in search of Teppanyaki Noodles.
 
Have you heard of Teppanyaki Noodles? Neither had I actually before Wok Hei. The internet confirmed it, there is nothing called Teppanyaki noodles. Teppanyaki is actually a Japanese way of cooking. I can't explain more, but you could google Teppanyaki. Well, anyway I landed up on this interesting recipe in the Wagamama site.



Simple enough to handle even if you have regular noodles instead of soba noodles. But my friend Upali passed on these really sublime noodles from Calcutta, her hometown. They are so good, my friends have been asking where to get them in Bombay. In fact, now I'm so scared of using them in case they run out!

But anyway, these noodles are soooo easy to do, its a breeze. They take literally 5 mins if your noodles are cooked. You can up the spinach or take it down a notch depending on taste. I used up too much of the spinach the first time and hence this time around didn't have too much. They feel so light and healthy. Its become one of my go to recipes for Quick & Easy lunches to take to work.


Ingredients

100g noodles
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic chopped
1" ginger peeled & chopped
250g baby spinach washed & chopped
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
juice of 1/2 lime
2 tsp sesame seeds lightly toasted
2 chillis finely chopped

Method

Cook noodles according to instructions. Drain and keep aside.
Heat oil in a wok and stir fry garlic, ginger and spinach till the spinach is cooked through. About 2 mins
Add noodles and toss once.
Remove from heat. Add oyster sauce and sesame oil.
Squeeze lime juice over and serve sprinkled with sesame seeds and chillis.
Et Voila! Lunch ready!

No comments :

Post a Comment