Tangy Carrot, Red Cabbage & Onion Salad.

No comments

I picked up a red cabbage last week from the veggie rack at the food store. I didn't know what to do with it, but I thought I'd get it first and think later on. This is part of my initiative to eat more veggies (Uh oh I ordered chicken lollipop again tonight) and try new things.

I googled and found this on BBC Goodfood. It's really good. And the peanuts, they taste so good in this salad. So crunchy and so filling. The original recipe asked for groundnut oil, I used the toasted sesame oil I had at hand. It added a nice nutty flavour to the salad.




Ingredients

4 leaves red cabbage finely shredded
1 winter carrot grated
1 onion sliced/diced fine
handful mint leaves
handful coriander leaves
handful toasted peanuts

Dressing

1 tbsp groundnut/sesame oil
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 red chilli finely chopped

Mix cabbage, carrot & onion in a bowl
Whisk all ingredients of the dressing till sugar melts
Toss veggies in dressing till its coated all over.
Add mint and coriander leaves and toss once again.
Scatter peanuts all over.
Eat.

No comments :

Post a Comment